If you’re an author, selling books and creating a fan base is the only way to succeed. But, without an audience, how is it possible to sell books? Building an audience is far easier than it was 10 or 15 years ago and it’s all thanks to the internet, as you likely assumed already. The internet gives authors a platform in which to reach the world if they so wish. A bit of hard work and effort can have a dramatic effect on the success enjoyed on social media. Read below to learn how to put yourself out there online as a writer and get people to notice your work.
- SEO: Search Engine Optimization uses keywords to promote your website, social media accounts, etc. so they appear within search engines. If you have a website, you need to use SEO to your advantage. So many people think that it’s not important when in reality, it could mean a matter of success and failure.
- Social Media: Social media is where you want to be when it is time to create a large audience of fans and followers and sell more books. Sites like Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, and others make it possible to reach those who want to read your words, no matter your genre. You can buy followers for Instagram and other sites to add to the fun.
- Online Forums: Tons of forums for writers are out there. Search for them and join as many that interest you. Don’t look only for writing forums, however, and showcase your expertise in your genre when you join discussion groups and forums of similar conversation.
- Online Workshops: There are many workshops for writers online that help you learn how to promote your book and even provide an extra platform in which to reach out to others. Use them to your advantage and learn and grow!
- Guest Blogging: Guest blogging is fun and helps you promote your name to even more people who might be interested in what you offer. You can choose the sites where you’d like to blog, contact the blog owner, and let the fun begin. Take the time to create a post that will engage the audience.
- Blog: Along with guest blogging, writers should also create their own blog page. Many websites allow you to add a blog so there’s no need for a separate site, but there are also free platforms to use if you prefer. A blog can help you grow credibility and trust while showing the world your personality and style.
There are many online sources to use to help create a name for yourself. Those above are among the options that many writers before you have used to help get their name out there. Many of these people are know quite successful writers. Remember that you can also use many offline marketing techniques to build your online brand as well, so use all of the techniques together and watch great things happen in your writing career.